Our Educational Commitment
Gaudenzia, Inc. and Eastern University in partnership are committed to the educational growth and development of both Gaudenzia, Inc. employees and other human service workers. In keeping with the educational partnership the following goals have been identified:
- To provide drug and alcohol, mental health and criminal justice employees with state of the art education in addictions studies.
- To enhance the services provided to the chemically dependant, co-occuring, women and children, criminal justice and adolescent clients through on going education for the treatment professionals.
- To assist drug and alcohol and other treatment professionals in obtaining PA and other states certifications.
(AAC, CAC, etc.)
- To make a contribution towards upholding the standards of education and service delivery.
- To advocate for professional advancement in the human service/treatment fields.
Background information about Gaudenzia, Inc.
A group of distinguished business, politician and community leaders recognized a serious problem for the city of Philadelphia – a growing number of people suffering from addiction were unable to find help. Determined to address the problem, these leaders invited a small group of substance abuse treatment professionals to create a residential treatment program that would save the lives of individuals otherwise doomed by their drug and alcohol addictions. Today Gaudenzia has grown to serve clients in over 100 programs in over 60 sites throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and D.C.